- Hold a bachelor’s degree with required studies by start of program
- Have a ≥ 3.00 cumulative GPA (preferred) or submit a GPA statement of explanation
- Provide documentation of a passing content area ORELA test
- Demonstrate significant experience working with school-aged children (paid or volunteer)
- Qualify for Oregon TSPC criminal history clearance (processed during orientation)
Required Studies and NES/ORELA Entrance Test
Although applicants typically go on to become endorsed in several content areas, the application process is limited to a candidate’s primary endorsement area.
See our content endorsement areas for specific academic preparation guidelines and links to the ORELA entrance test.
- English Language Arts
- Mathematics (Advanced or Foundational Middle School)
- Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or General Science)
- World Languages (French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, or Spanish)
- Social Studies (social sciences)