The SPED minor and certificate programs provide foundational knowledge and experiences for students who:
- plan to pursue a career teaching in general or in special education
- are interested in working with individuals with disabilities in community or employment settings
- are interested in issues concerning individuals with disabilities
For students interested in becoming teachers, some course credits can be applied toward meeting the requirements for an Oregon Special Educator Teaching License.
Our special education program typically has around 100 students working toward a SPED minor any given year and 3–5 students working toward the SPED certificate per year.
To meet with a COE advisor
Appointments available Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)
Zoom/Microsoft Teams/in-person advising appointments are available. To schedule, follow the instructions outlined to the right.
If you need further assistance or the available times do not work with your schedule, please contact Student Academic Services by phone (541) 346-3405 or email.
Download THE NAVIGATE APP (recommended) and follow the instructions below:
- Log in with your Duck ID
- Select Schedule an Appointment
- Choose College of Education in the appointment drop down
- Choose the main topic for your meeting in the service drop down
- Select Find Available Times
- Choose a day and time that works for you or search by advisor or meeting type (Teams/Zoom, In-Person)
- Select Schedule to Confirm Appointment