The application for the CPSY PhD program opens in October with a deadline of December 1 each year.
Holistic review is conducted followed by interviews of the subset of finalists (typically in January). Interviews for selected applicants will be conducted remotely (via videoconferencing) on January 26, 2024.
The program receives more than 200 applications annually. The annual cohort size is typically 6–9 students.
Complete the online Division of Graduate Studies Admission Application.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $70 (Domestic Students)/$90 (International Students), paid by credit card or eCheck. You will need to pay the application fee before you are able to submit the application.
- Personal statement which describes your goals and purpose in seeking admission to the program. Please also include (a) your research experiences and/or interests and (b) the faculty member or members you are interested in working with and describe why you are interested in working with them. Please limit your response to three pages, double-spaced, Arial or Times New Roman font size 11 or larger, and one inch margins.
- Two (2) letters of reference are required by the application deadline. Applicants may submit up to a total of four (4) letters. Applications that do not have at least two letters of reference submitted by the application deadline will not be reviewed.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Writing sample: The writing sample should be recent and independent. Examples include a class/course assignment, but not a published paper.
- Official transcripts: Applicants will need to send an official set of transcripts to the University of Oregon Registrar’s Office and upload unofficial transcript(s) to their online application. More information about the official transcript requirement can be found here: https://graduatestudies.uoregon.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/transcripts.
- GRE scores are no longer required.
- For international applicants, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required per the UO Division of Graduate Studies. More information on this requirement can be found via this link: https://graduatestudies.uoregon.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/english-proficiency.