The application for the CPSY PhD program opens in October with a deadline of December 1 each year.
Holistic review is conducted followed by interviews of the subset of finalists (typically in January).
The program receives more than 200 applications annually. The annual cohort size is typically 6–9 students.
Complete the online Graduate Admission Application.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $70 (Domestic Students)/$90 (International Students), paid by credit card or eCheck. You will need to pay the application fee before you are able to submit the application.
- Personal statement: no more than 3 pages, double-spaced, one-inch margins and Arial or Times New Roman font
- Two letters of reference, but no more than 4
- (Note: applications without both of these items submitted by the deadline will not be reviewed)
- GRE scores are no longer required
- For international applicants, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required per the UO Graduate School and information can be found via this link: https://gradschool.uoregon.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/english-proficiency