Students wishing to apply for the SPED Certificate program should apply during fall of their Junior year.
SPED Certificate Application Process
- Complete at least 1 credit of SPED 420 (or have a Petition to Waiver on file w/ the SPED Certificate coordinator), and SPED 407, and 411 (5/7 required credits) with a minimum grade of “B-” or P.
- Schedule a meeting with the SPED Certificate coordinator, Elisa Jamgochian, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss and begin the application process.
- Along with your application, you will submit a professional goal statement and two letters of recommendation.
- Complete the Character Questionnaire and submit to the Program Coordinator in a sealed envelope. It will be opened and reviewed following admissions decision.
- An initial interview and advising meeting with the Program Coordinator is also required.
- Admitted students must have a signed program plan and verification of TSPC Background check.
SPED Licensure program application process (K-12)
- Complete the Graduate School application.
- Department Application waived, but students must be in good standing and have recommendation of program and practicum coordinators to continue with licensure.