Historic Knight gift will expand graduate opportunities
A recently announced gift of $500M from Phil and Penny Knight will help fund an additional 250 PhD students as part of the Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact. Read more in Around the O.
We are pleased to offer three graduate degrees in Prevention Science! Applications for the Ph.D., M.S., and M.Ed. in Prevention Science are accepted every Fall/Winter. Please visit the individual program webpages for application dates and deadlines.
Students will be trained in:
- risk and protective factors
- lifespan development
- biobehavioral health
- intervention design and evaluation
- dissemination and implementation science
- multicultural and global contexts
The programs have a specific emphasis on understanding and helping under-served individuals and families in the US and globally.Faculty research is focused on topics in the field of prevention science, including:
- child maltreatment
- interpersonal violence
- risk behaviors: delinquency, substance use, sexual behavior
- self regulation
- mental health
- health disparities and health promotion
- developmental disabilities
- academic achievement and career development
- obesity, eating behaviors, and physical activity
We partner with the UO’s Prevention Science Institute to provide students with opportunities to gain experience conducting basic, applied, or translational research.
You may download our Prevention Science brochure here.
Our students were featured in the Oregon Quarterly! Check out the article.