SPED Doctoral Program
For funding consideration, all application materials must be received by December 1, 2016. For admissions consideration, all application materials should be recieved by January 5th, 2017. The Admissions Committee strives to review application files and have admissions decisions made and communicated to applicants in a timely manner.
The online application will provide you with updates when materials (e.g., letters of recommendation and test scores) are received. But; if you have follow-up questions regarding the status of your application, please call Jamar Bean, Admissions/Student Services Coordinator at 541-346-9148.
Application Review will begin December 1, 2016
1. Complete the University of Oregon Online Graduate Application
• Within the online application, you will need to provide information on your educational history, residency, personal information, as well as names for professional references. There is a $70 non-refundable application fee that is required upon the full completion of the application.
2. Supporting Documentation
• Upload the following documents as part of your Department Application:
a. Professional Goal Statement (discuss your professional goals and why you feel our program can support you in meeting these goals)
b. Resume / Vita
c. Statement about your experiences in working with individuals and/or families with disabilities
d. Writing Sample (e.g., publication, term paper, or thesis)
e. Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, showing degrees earned.
3. Letters of Recommendation
• Within the application, you will input contact information (email) for three people who will be writing letters of recommendation for you.
• Each recommender will receive an automated email prompt, directing them to an online system for providing input on you and submitting a letter.
4. Standardized Test Scores: GRE or MAT
• Within the application, you will self-report scores for the exam you have completed. You can also upload a pdf of the official scores. Do request that official scores be sent to the SPED program: 5261 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5261.
5. Official transcripts: You will upload a pdf of transcripts from all institutions where you have earned a degree. You will also need to request official copies be sent to:
University of Oregon
Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1217