Why earn a graduate degree in quantitative research methods in education?
Our PhD program in quantitative research methods in education (QRME) develops researchers, scholars, and policy leaders who engage in traditions of inquiry that create knowledge and understanding founded in empirical evidence.
The program focuses on:
- Building a strong understanding of quantitative methods in research
- Studying causal and complex relationships within applied educational, social, and institutional settings
- Using research to inform policy and practice in applied educational and social settings
Ideal QRME PhD students:
- Understand the importance of evidence and data in making decisions
- Take an interdisciplinary and systems-level perspective to problems in education
- Value the union of rigorous research methodology with strong grounding in theory and practice
The quantitative research methods in education program offers the following degree options:
What can I do with a degree in quantitative research methods in education?
Quantitative research methods in education PhD graduates pursue careers in:
- Academic institutions
- Research and evaluation centers
- Policy institutes
- Applied settings including state departments of education and school districts
Gina Biancarosa, EdD
Student Services Coordinator