The Center for Equity Promotion (CEQP) is dedicated to working with communities to better understand and support the positive development of children and families, particularly those who are underserved by education, health, and social service systems. CEQP focuses on populations with the greatest burden in terms of health and education disparities related to adverse social and economic conditions. The Center’s research informs culturally-specific prevention science, intervention, and policy efforts that build on community strengths.
CEQP concentrates on five core areas: substantive research; research methodologies; community engagement; research to practice; and education and mentorship. The aim of the Center is to improve the ability of education, health, and social services delivery systems to respond to the needs of underserved communities through direct support of families.
Major themes of CEQP’s work to date include:
- Latino behavioral health and education disparities;
- Immigrant community integration and access;
- Family-based preventive intervention development, cultural adaptation, and dissemination;
- Support for children of incarcerated parents;Effects of mentoring programs on youth outcomes; and
- Community influences on biosocial stress and health.
Additional Center for Equity Promotion contacts: