Graduate Degree Programs
Each year, our cohort size is typically 8–12 students.
Our application process requires students to submit:
Four letters of reference
Personal goal statement in which students address:
- Why they are seeking an EMPL D.Ed. and their goals for the future related to educational leadership
- How their interests align with faculty and/or research centers associated with EMPL
- The link between their personal skills and experiences and their aspirations for graduate study
- Their interest in learning more about one or more of the following educational emphases:
- Creating physically and psychologically safe environments
- Empowering teachers as leaders
- Evaluating quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvement
- Investing in relationships with parents and guardians
Résumé or curriculum vitae
Analytical writing sample(s) focused on a problem of practice
You do not need to complete the online application in one sitting. You will be able to log in and view/updated each section of your application until your payment is made.