Ann Fillback Watt
Ann Fillback Watt has over 20 years of experience in higher education leadership including career advising, management, teaching, student services, and academic technology. As the Director of Career Information Systems at UW-Madison, she oversaw a team of professionals that produce and sustain a premier career development website, CareerLocker. The website was utilized by K-12 schools, technical colleges, universities, and job seekers both nationally and internationally. She was the project manager for a $7.5 million/6 -year project with the Ministry of Education in Singapore.
Ann taught the Wisconsin Experience Seminar Course at UW-Madison to first year students, helping them transition to college life, and was named an “Honored Instructor”. Other teaching experience include teaching non-traditional students in a career planning course at Upper Iowa University and an instructor for the Career Development Facilitator Training. Prior to her work at UW, she taught elementary school and worked as a meeting and conference planner for several companies.
Doctorate of Education: Higher Education Leadership May 2014
Edgewood College Madison, WI
Dissertation: Outcomes of College Students’ Career Problem Solving and
Decision Making Based on the Use of a Computer Assisted Career Guidance System
Master of Science: Continuing and Vocational Education December 2006
University Wisconsin-Madison Madison, WI
Thesis: A Study of Adult Career Development Outcomes in One-Stop Job Centers
Bachelor of Arts May 1993
Hamline University Saint Paul, MN
Honors and Awards
Honored Instructor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
(Fall 2017 & Spring 2018)
Certificate of Distinction In Recognition of Outstanding Performance, Association of Computer-Based Systems for Career Information (December 2006)
· Fillback Watt, Ann and Rivera, Amy, Experience how employability online showcases jobs of the future in higher educational. Presented at the Career Education Association of Victoria conference on December 1, 2017 at the University of Melbourne.
· Fillback Watt, Ann and Rivera, Amy, Experience a demonstration of the new Australian Career Development online portal. Presented at the Career Education Association of Victoria conference on November 30, 2017 at the University of Melbourne.
· Fillback Watt, Ann and Clay, Jasmine, Nice is nice, but it’s just not enough. Presented at the UW-Madison Housing Student Staff Winter Training on January 17, 2013 and UW-Madison Women and Leadership Symposium on June 28, 2012
· Fillback Watt, Career Development Theory and the use of ecareers.sg. Presented at Ministry of Education, January 2010, Singapore.
· Fillback Watt, How to use ecareers.sg. Presented at Ministry of Education, July 2009, Singapore.
· Fillback Watt, Ann, and Sackett, Jessica. How to use WISCareers with Career Counselors. Presented at the Center on Education and Work, Careers Conference on January 30, 2009 and January 27, 2008 in Madison, WI.
· Fillback Watt, Ann and Sackett, Jessica. Using WISCareers with your Students. Presented at the Wisconsin School Counselors Association Conference on February 22, 2008 in Stevens Point, WI.
· Fillback Watt, Ann. Online Career Support Tools. Presented at the UW-Pre Conference on Academic Advising on December 4, 2006 in Racine, WI.
· Fillback Watt, Ann and Sackett, Jessica. Using WISCareers with your Students. Presented at the Wisconsin School Counselors Association Conference on February 21, 2007 in Stevens Point, WI.
· Fillback Watt, Ann. Do What You Love and You’ll Never Work Another Day in Your Life. Presented at Career Skills Expo on April 27, 2005 and April 28, 2004 in Madison, WI.
· Fillback Watt, Ann. Job Centers Use of a Career Information System. Presented at Governor’s Workforce Development Conference on May 21, 2004 in Milwaukee, WI.
· Masters Certificate of Project Management, Executive Education, Wisconsin Business School (April 2013)
· Career Development Facilitator Instructor (March 2009)
· Career Development Facilitator (November 2004)
Member of Alliance of Career Resource Professionals (ACRP) President (2018)
Member of National Career Development Association (NCDA)