Master's Degree plus Initial Administrator Licensure preparation
Students have the opportunity to earn a master's degree concurrently with the initial administrator's license. All IAL credits apply towards the master of education (MEd) degree. Course requirements for a combined program of study include practicum credit hours of actual administrative experience, for a total of 51 credit hours for the M.Ed. earned over eight terms. Of these hours, 26 credit hours apply toward initial administrator licensure.
- Passing Score on Essential Academic Skills (EAS) Test
- 3 years of licensed teaching or counseling experience
M.Ed./IAL course requirements:
- Two years of study, with year one devoted to MEd coursework, and
- Year two devoted to study of five unit content areas of theory and practice, including
- A total of 360 hours of administrative experience to fulfill practicum requirements
- MEd/IAL Application
Be sure to do the Graduate School application as well.